EGMMS Mission Statement
Our mission is to provide students with the 21st century tools necessary to become life-long learners and responsible global citizens
We at East Garner Magnet Middle School envision a school community where students, teachers, parents and community members strive to:
• Promote a positive and successful educational journey for all children
• Facilitate a community of inquiry
• Embrace diversity
• Foster self-confidence and self-discipline
• connect success in school to future successes in life
• Develop global awareness
• promote respect, responsibility and right choices
• Value and support both students and faculty
• We believe that the involvement of the entire community is necessary to provide students with the total educational experiences needed for life-long learning and productive citizenship
• We believe that education should be a student-centered learning process that embraces the concept that all students can learn while teachers become facilitators of learning rather than managers of instruction.
• We believe that students' learning will increase in a collaborative environment that addresses varied student abilities through differentiation of instruction.