The enrollment for the East Garner Magnet Middle School’s Global Classroom International Tour opportunity to journey through The Capitals of the British Isles with an extension to Paris, France HAS BEEN EXTENDED ONE LAST TIME THROUGH THE END OF DECEMBER AS SPACE IS STILL AVAILABLE!!
Make sure to click the link below and enroll NOW! Every paying participant enrolled on this 2015 tour between Monday, 12/8 and Friday, 12/19 will earn our group an entry into a raffle. If our group wins, EF will give all enrolled travelers $500 spending money! Attached is the power point with information from our meeting as well as a sponsor sheet to help you raise some of the money to help with expenses! Any questions, please contact Mr. Strain.
The Global Classroom Club will meet next Tuesday 16 December from 3:30-4:45 in room 2215.
All those signed up for the tour and those who hope to go or may not be able to go are encouraged to join the club!
We will have a guest speaker next week who, for part of her life, grew up in Ireland and speaks Gaelic. So come and learn some phrases! Hope to see you there!
EGMMS plans to present a program after the holidays, called Career Cafés, which is designed to involve a series of speakers who will talk about their professions to our Year 2 students. The program will be presented to small groups of students in the Media Center in 30-45 minute sessions starting at 12:45.
Please contact Ms. Scroggs at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 919-662-2878 if you, a friend, a relative, a member of your church, or a business contact would enjoy talking about what they do, or did, for a living. Please respond as soon as possible, as guest speakers must go through the volunteer approval process.
Per the survey the students filled out, we are specifically looking for volunteers in the following fields:
Video Game programmer
Fine Arts, which might be musicians, actors, dancers, artists, or models)
Good afternoon! This is Elena Ashburn, principal of East Garner Magnet Middle School, with directions regarding fundraiser item pick up for tomorrow, Friday, November 21st. At dismissal at 3:00PM, students who ride carpool will be asked to stop by the cafeteria to pick up their fundraiser items. For all other students, parents or guardians will have the opportunity to pick up the student’s fundraiser items in the cafeteria from 4:00PM-6:30PM. If you arrive to school to pick up your student’s fundraiser items after 6:30PM, please go to the concession stand in the gym lobby to talk with a PTSA representative.
Thank you! If you have any questions, please call us at 919-662-2339.
Dear East Garner Families:
There’s a lot of information in this email, which means there’s a lot going on at East Garner! And that’s a good thing!
· Honor Roll Breakfasts: November 18-20th – The PTSA sponsors a breakfast for honor roll students and their families. We need volunteers to help set up and serve each morning from 7:45-9:15am. A Sign-Up Genius will be sent in a separate email for you to volunteer, or you can email Alice Verstrat at email@example.com or simply visit http://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090b4daea62ca46-honor/4566487 and sign up now!
· Spirit Wear & PTSA Membership Sales: The PTSA will be selling spirit wear and PTSA memberships from the concession stand by the gym/auditorium on the following dates:
o November 18-20th from 7:50am-9:05am
o November 20th & 21st from 6-7pm prior to the Holocaust school performances and Book Fair Family Night
Prices are as follows:
o Hooded Sweatshirts – $25
o Short Sleeved t-shirts – $10
o Short Sleeved Glitter t-shirts – $15
o Long Sleeved t-shirts – $15
o PTSA Memberships – $6 per adult/$4 per student
Checks or money orders may be payable to EG PTSA.
· Fall Fundraiser: Thank you to all those students and families who participated in our fall fundraiser! We will keep you posted when we receive confirmation on the delivery date of the items sold.
· PTSA Membership Contest: Our October winner of East Garner Spirit Wear is Tanica Jackson! Ms. Jackson receives a free East Garner spirit wear item. Be sure to join the PTSA to be eligible for our monthly drawing!
· Holiday Snack Shack: The PTSA will be having its Holiday Snack Shack for teachers and staff on Wednesday, Dec. 17th. Families are asked to donate food items such as snacks, desserts, sandwich platters, casseroles, fruit, etc. More information will be sent, but please mark your calendar and plan to shower our staff with holiday cheer on the 17th!
· Remind App: The PTSA has set up a Remind account to help communicate upcoming activities and opportunities. If you’d like to join our group, simply text @eastgar to 919.883.9772 or visit http://remind.com/join/eastgar
· East Garner Magnet Middle School’s Global Classroom International Tour has received School Board Approval! We will embark on a journey through The Capitals of the British Isles with an extension to Paris, France! Check out the school website at http://eastgarnerms.wcpss.net/?p=2029 for more information.
· Next PTSA Meeting: The next meeting of the PTSA is scheduled for Wednesday, December 3rd in the Media Center. Please join us!
Thanks again for your support!